Monday, February 15, 2016

Busy, busy!

I know it's been a very long time since I last posted, but I've been very busy with life and textiles!

Last weekend was a big SCA event in Kalamazoo called Val Day. As part of Artisan's Row, I brought items I had made from my handwoven fabric: two medieval dresses, several hoods, and a purse in progress (small rows of red hearts)










I enjoyed my busy work! I had a band for the purse straps which needed to be sewn together, then sew near each edge to flatten the strap (which had wanted to be a tube).





This is the bright blue hood on the table, a type associated with Scandinavian from about the 11th century, but found in a few manuscript illuminations as late as the 14th century. Right now, this is my favorite hood because it gives the warmth of a cloak without the bulk.




 And here are a couple of Christmas ornament exchange items I made: fun!


I have knitting and other weaving projects to add, but that's for later!


No comments:

Post a Comment