Thursday, June 26, 2014

Beaded Purses

Here are some of the beaded crocheted purses I have made in the past.

The first one I made started with a chain at the bottom, with single crochets worked in the top of the chain on each side, creating the spiral. Once the beading pattern was established, I kept single crocheting and developed the checkerboard design. Periodically, I had to add new beads but concealed the join so it is hard to find it inside. After the beading was done, I did double crochets to create holes for the ties, then more crocheting and beads at the very top. The last task was to string beads and crochet fringes at the bottom.


The photo doesn't fully show how this purse sparkles!

This purse is actually brighter and sparkles much more than it seems because the beads are cut.


The "shadow" on this Victorian-inspired purse is caused by the steel-cut beads not aging the same. The tie is a velvet ribbon threaded through double crochet. You can just see the top row of tiny beads.


(The background is a towel I wove of natural, undyed cotton--but that's a story for another post!)

No comments:

Post a Comment