Thursday, June 26, 2014

Mini-mitten Mania!

After all the mittens, there should be no surprise that when the Latvian mitten group on Ravelry had a min-mitten exchange, I had to participate. I used 1.5mm or 000 needles and Koigu fingering yarn. I didn't enjoy the tiny thumbs, but the hands were fun and I was surprised at how recognizably Latvian the minis were. They aren't true miniatures (wearable by dolls) because the yarn isn't stranded to keep the hands and thumbs open.

This is the first pair I made, "larger" than the others. When I realized I had made a mistake in the brown, I decided that meant my first pair would be mine! The thumbs are hard to see because they are knit in pattern.

These are the exchange pairs. Note that one even has a tiny version of the braid in the "wrist."




 I mistakenly sent the box to the wrong address (fortunately, to someone 40 miles from the intended recipient). This is my "Oops. Thank you." pair for her.



And these are the pairs I received!



Obviously, minis can be great ornaments or nametag decorations!

No comments:

Post a Comment